It is not often that I'm at a loss for words when sampling gluten-free goodies, but Merry's Miracle Tarts from Hail Merry have left me speechless. Created by raw food Chef Susan O’Brien, the tarts are raw, vegan, contain no refined sugar and no heated oils. The tarts are available in three flavors: chocolate, chocolate mint and meyer lemon.
The true miracle about these tarts come through a couple of observations.
- The tarts have a perfectly textured crust and use only almond flour
- The tarts contain very little sugar (maple syrup or raw agave) and yet taste surprisingly sweet
- One to two bites of the tart are very satisfying. No need to wonder how many calories you are eating because only a couple of bites leave you fulfilled. It took me a week to eat through one 3 oz. tart and I have a horrible sweet tooth. They advise that one tart is 4 servings, but one to two bites was a serving size for me.
- This tart is a raw/vegan snack that tastes absolutely creamy and decadent and not dry and gritty, as can be the case with some raw dessert items.
- The tarts are made with ten ingredients or less and they combine perfectly to form an unforgettable flavor. It feels like you are eating something sinful, but the fat in the tarts are healthy fats and a little goes a long way!
- I prefer to eat these tarts over mainstream gluten-free goodies. Why? Because raw products are much easier to digest and some of the processed goodies can leave you feeling bloated.
I received complimentary samples of all three flavors of their tarts. I have to say that the chocolate and chocolate mint were our favorites. These tarts have a perfect texture and melt in your mouth. The taste is better than their wheat-based counterpart and they are healthful. People with and/or without food allergies would not be able to tell the difference.
Hail Merry makes a full line of gluten-free snacks including granola, macaroons and nuts. Their products are not available everywhere, but look for them soon at Return to Eden.
According to the company, "Coconut oil is what makes Merry's Miracle tarts taste so rich. Nature made coconut oil with medium chain fatty acids that quickly burn as energy and contain ZERO cholesterol. Enjoy Hail Merry snacks and know you are feeding your body Royalty."
Article Courtesy: Jennifer Harris