More gluten-free products are being introduced, Ingles is adding new gluten-free products and local restaurants are adding new gluten-free menu options. I’ve chosen to list it all in one fail swoop on a weekly basis. All of this new information is making it easier and easier to manage the gluten-free diet and at the same time is raising awareness about Celiac Disease.
Here’s what I’ve learned is new in the gluten-free arena. What have you learned lately that should be added to the list?
- Betty Crocker change the formulation of their gluten-free Devil’s Food mix to include soy flour. I find that soy is not easily digested, so we avoid it. I don’t know if the other mixes will be changed to include soy flour, so make sure you read the ingredients.
- Farm Burger added a gluten-free bun over the weekend. Read all about this exciting gluten-free menu addition and find out what else they offer that is gluten free in my recent article.
- Ingles Markets is adding King Arthur gluten-free baking mixes as well as Snyder’s gluten-free pretzels. They are looking at bringing in some corn based pasta and some gluten-free cereals as well. They also added Allergy Free Foods Chicken Tenders to all Ingles stores this month.
- Joan’s GF Great Bakes is introducing three new products this month: Corn Toaster Muffins (read to eat (just toast) breakfast treat), Calzones with sauce and an Egg-free, Dairy-Free version of their Bagel. They are also offering a shipping discount of $10 on all $50 orders now through October 15th by entering Septship10 at checkout.
- Kinnikinnick Foods – is offering Pumpkin Spice Donuts for a limited time. They came up with this special treat to help us mark the start of fall. These donuts are only available until November 30, so get yours today from their Website or order toll free 1-877-503-4466. These donuts (and ALL of their donuts) are specially priced at 20% off until October 8th
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix has had a change its ingredients and has added Autolyzed yeast (made from barley). The new version of the soup mix will gradually hit store shelves, so you will find old and new boxes on the shelf. Make sure to thoroughly read the ingredients because if they contain any gluten, the source will be listed in the ingredient statements.
- Udi’s is launcing two new bagel flavors (whole grain and cinnamon raisin) in January 2011. The whole grain bagels have 20 grams of whole grains and the cinnamon raisin bagels have 16 grams. More details on these bagels will be available in my review that will post this week.
- Woodchuck Cider is offering their first ever pumpkin hard cider. The Woodchuck Private Reserve Pumpkin is a special edition high end cider with a 6.9% alcohol content (compared to Woodchuck’s 4% and 5% for core and Limited Release styles).
- YEAH! Burger added a gluten-free hot dog bun to its menu this month. Read all about the ingredients of the bun and which pre-made menu options are safe in my recent article
Article Courtesy: Jennifer Harris