Try these Gluten-Free Blackberry Bars, they are sure to become a favorite!
Recipe by Gluten Free Baking By Rachelle
I make homemade jams every summer and blackberry is one of them. I refuse to buy jam in the store ever again as I have no idea what is in it. I make many different varieties and save them for when we need them or different baking projects. I have been using my home made peach jam for my chicken glaze lately. I have an over abundance of blackberry jam and thought, hmmm what shall I make with the extra. These blackberry bars are so simple and will leave everyone thinking you really must have slaved away when in fact it took about a total of 15 minutes. These bars are perfect for a potluck, a family gathering, packing in lunches, and many other things. Enjoy~
Gluten-Free Blackberry Bars
These Gluten-Free Blackberry Bars are good for breakfast or dessert.
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Cup Butter Softened (I used earth balance dairy free)
- 2 Cups Gluten free Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups All Purpose Gluten free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Blackberry Jam or Jam of Choice
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl ad brown sugar, butter, rolled oats, gf flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Combine ingredients until mixture resembles course crumbly mixture.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Place 2-½ cups of crumbly mixture in the bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Press mixture lightly forming into pan.
- Spread jam evenly over crumb mixture.
- Place remaining crumb mixture over jam.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top
Am I missing something? I see there is a prep time, cook time, and ingredients list, but I don't see actual directions on how to make them. I've hovered over the tittle and picture, but they go no where. I've clicked on "Gluten Free Baking by Rachelle" but it didn't take me to a full recipe either. ?????
Never mind! As soon as I posted the above comment the directions magically appeared. :/
Is salt required or optional?!
diana Murphy says
How many calories are in these bars thank you
I so wish I was you!! I secretly hope people think I have your talent. Everything you have posted has been great!