Here is my family’s recipe for Oven Fried Chicken Parmesan. It is a favorite to make at my house, or should I say ‘Eat’ at my house. It is super easy to make. The key is not flipping it during baking like you would with traditional friend chicken. With gluten free the coating will come right off, and we don’t want to lose one crumb of that crisp fried coating. If you need to be egg free, just double dip your chicken. Example, dip your chicken in milk, then flour mixture, then milk and then flour mixture and that will give it a good coating that will hopefully stick well. If you are dairy free use whatever milk of your choice.
Mama’s Oven Fried Chicken Parmesan
Note: This recipe is for a family of 6. You can half the recipe for smaller families.
- 3 pounds of chicken breast
- 2 1/2 cups Mama’s Almond Or Coconut Blend Flour
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, grated or shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk, (dairy, rice, nut, or soy)
- Olive Oil for pan
- butter or dairy free margarine for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chicken. Slice piece in half lengthwise to make thinner pieces of chicken. (Or use meat pounder and flatten chicken)
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk and mix well. In another medium sized bowl, combine flour, slat, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and cheese and mix together until well combined.
- Prepare pan. Drizzle the bottom of baking pan generously with olive oil.
- Place chicken in egg mixture for about 20-30 seconds.
- Take the chicken from egg mixture and coat it generously in the flour mixture.
- Place chicken in an. If needed sprinkle a little extra coating on the top of the chicken to give it a nice thick coating of flour mixture.
- Repeat until all chicken is coated in pan.
- Slice small pieces of butter and place dots of them all over the tops of chicken piece. About 2-3 small slices on each piece.
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes or until chicken coating is lightly browned and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Use spatula and carefully lift each piece of chicken off the pan and serve onto a platter or dinner plate
Recipe Courtesy: Rachel the Gluten Free Mama