These Fully-Loaded Brownies are packed full of chocolate + cheesecake goodness, topped with candy, nuts and deliciousness. If your haven’t tried loaded brownies, now is the time to start! You can use any GF flour blend you choose, but I like Pamela’s GF Artisan Blend in this recipe (and most others.)
Try your favorite chocolate bars, and mix up the nuts! I love pistachios on loaded brownies, but walnuts and pecans are fabulous too. The sky’s the limit – and I’d love to hear about your creations!
KC the G-Free Foodie
P.S. – it’s possible we dug into these with forks at my last Whole Foods Market cooking class.
For the Brownie Layer:
- 3/4 cup Pamela’s GF Artisan Flour Blend
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut or olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or GF vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water or cold coffee
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 6-7 ounces of your favorite high-quality candy bar chopped (we like Alter Eco Dark Salted Burnt Caramel)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 8 x 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Make the Cheesecake Layer: In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sugar and the vanilla until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the egg until well blended. Set aside.
- For the Brownies: In a small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil and eggs together until combined. Add vanilla and sugar. Slowly mix in flour mixture and water. Once all flour is combined, reserve 1/2 cup of brownie batter and spread the rest spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the top of the brownie batter and smooth. Drop the reserved brownie batter in large dollops over the topping. Draw the handle of a wooden spoon through the two batters to create a swirled effect. Top with chopped candy and nuts, and gently push down to slightly sink topping into batter.
- Bake on center rack for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve.