This Citrus Chicken Bowl recipe by Taylor of GlutenAway is a grain-free hit! It’s great for meal prep too.
Courtesy of Taylor, Gluten Away
I try and eat naturally gluten-free as much as I can. But when you’re a teen with a lot of things going on in your life, you get pretty busy and sometimes feel like you don’t have the time to make foods from scratch. Luckily I’ve found one gluten-free recipe that is pretty easy to make, plus it makes a lot of meals to last throughout the week. Some people may be a little skeptical of spaghetti squash if you haven’t tried it before, but it is actually very good and healthy for you too!
Rice can be a substitute if you would prefer, but give this recipe a try as written first. You can enjoy this citrus chicken bowl multiple times throughout the week.
Citrus Chicken Bowl Recipe
- 1 spaghetti squash (baked, see directions)
- 1 lb grilled chicken cooked and cubed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 8 oz bag of broccoli slaw
- 2 cups Olive Oil Mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 T Zest from lemon
- 2 T Orange Juice
- 1 T minced garlic
How to Prepare Spaghetti Squash:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place whole spaghetti squash on cookie sheet
- Bake whole spaghetti squash for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and cut in half, place each half facing down
- Bake for another 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Take large spoon and scrape out squash from skin. Squash strands are horizontal. Scooping squash directly at the skin will ensure long spaghetti like strands.
- Place all ingredients in blender, nutribullet or bowl for hand blender
- Blend thoroughly
Assemble the Chicken Bowls:
- Add spaghetti squash to the bottom of each bowl as a base, then layer on the chicken and fresh veggies.
- Top with citrus aioli and serve!