Courtesy: Gluten-Free Baking by Rachelle
Omigosh I love pulled pork sandwiches, very simple and very filling. I make this ahead of time to take to barbecues or just have a simple meal at home with home made baked beans. My kids and husband love these sandwiches!
- 4 pounds Pork Sirloin Tip Roast
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 whole Apple (Cored and seeds removed)
- 1 Whole Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce (Sweet Baby Rays) or your favorite gluten free bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup Roasting liquid
- In a slow cooker add pork sirloin tip roasts, fresh garlic, apple, onion, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper,and coarse salt. Roast 4-5 hours or until pork pulls apart very easily. Drain all liquid from the pan and reserve, discard all other items. Pull the pork into shreds until all shredded, put shredded pork back into the slow cooker and add the barbecue sauce, use roasting liquid to thin down barbecue sauce. Add more barbecue sauce for a thicker sauce. Reheat and serve on a toasted gluten free bun.