- 2 pounds of mixed fresh heirloom tomatoes
- Maldon salt (or other sea salt) and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 fresh red chile (such as a red jalapeno or fresno), seeded and minced
- handful of fresh basil
- handful of micro-greens
- 1 package of fresh mozzarella balls in water, drained (I prefer bocconcini)
- Slice some tomatoes in wedges, some in slabs and scatter them decoratively over 2/3 of a platter. Place the mozzarella balls in the rest of the platter. Sprinkle the tomatoes and cheese with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk the vinegar, olive oil, oregano and garlic. Drizzle evenly over the tomatoes. Sprinkle the tomatoes and the cheese with the fresh chile, basil and micro-greens. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy: Alison Needham