- 1 1/2 cups Sarah’s gluten free flour blend, or your favorite gluten free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter, cold
- 3 tablespoons Spectrum organic non-hydrogenated shortening
- 4-6 tablespoons ice-cold water
berrry pie filling
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons So Delicious coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon raw turbinado sugar
Sift together flour blend, sugar and salt. Add vegan butter and shortening. Using pastry cutter, combine ingredients until resembles a course meal. Pour in 4 tablespoons cold water. Continue to blend until dough comes together (add another tablespoon of water if needed). Pat dough into round disc, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for an hour or until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Add raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. Gently toss berries to coast in sugar mixture. Set aside. Line large baking sheet or baking stone with parchment paper. Place dough onto large piece of plastic wrap and top with another piece of plastic wrap. Roll out until 1/4-inch thick circle.
Remove plastic wrap and place dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Top dough with berry mixture, leaving a 2-inch edge around berries. Fold edge of dough over berries, crimping as needed. Brush dough with coconut milk and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake pie for 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown and berries are bubbling (may need to cook longer if using frozen berries). Let cool 30 minutes to an hour. Slice and serve with vanilla coconut milk ice cream.