This Gluten-Free Panzanella with Peaches and Heirloom Tomatoes salad comes together easily and celebrates late-summer produce. It can be easily multiplied for more than one and works as a great way to use up lonely slices of bread (particularly the ends no one likes or hot dog buns that happen to be hanging out in your freezer). You could use regular bread if the glutens don’t hate you. Don’t use dried sage in place of the fresh. If you don’t have sage, fresh mint or basil could also taste quite good here.
- 1-2 slices of your favorite gluten-free bread (or hot dog bun if that’s what you have)
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 ripe heirloom tomato
- ¼ white onion
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves
- generous pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toast your bread.
- Dice your tomato and peach.
- Slice your onion as thinly as you can (if you are not so good at slicing, use a mandolin).
- Chiffonade or tear your sage leaves.
- Dice or tear your toasted bread.
- Toss all your prepared ingredients in a bowl with the salt and drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic.
courtesy: Mary Fran Wiley of Frannycakes