Skip to content
- 1 bag frozen green beans, thawed and drained (Obviously, fresh would be better. But if you’re short on time, the frozen stuff is great.)
- ¼ cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl, mix gluten free soy sauce, ½ tbsp garlic, pepper flakes, and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is uniform.
- Add drained/dried green beans, and toss to coat in sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a pan/wok on medium-high heat. When tiny bubbles start to form in the oil, add remaining minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour green beans/sauce into the heated, oiled pan. Using a spatula, spread green beans out in a more or less even layer in the pan. Cover, and let cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir/toss green beans to avoid burning, then cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until your green beans get soft and you start seeing browned bits at the tips.
- Enjoy immediately, over a bowl of rice.