You know, sometimes you just need a hot dog and a beer, whether you’re Gluten Free or not. We did a Review of Gluten Free Hot Dogs & Sausages – so we thought we’d provide a list of Gluten Free Beers too. Here are some to look for:
- Redbridge is brewed from sorghum and is sold at many local stores and restaurants. Manufactured by Anheuser-Busch, Inc., the company that produces Budweiser, it’s a light amber beer with a slightly sweet taste.
- Bard’s Tale Beer Company —”The Original Sorghum Malt Beer” is an American Lager with low bitterness and a floral aroma, made with sorghum, yeast, and hops.
- Green’s Gluten Free Beers — this U.K. company makes Belgian style Vegan, Gluten Free beer from millet, buckwheat, sorghum, and rice. Green’s makes several varieties of G-Free beer, and has become a favorite of Gluten Free beer aficionados.
- New Grist Beer is a lager beer, and at the moment, is our Founder’s favorite Gluten Free beer, made by Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. New Grist is made with sorghum, hops, gluten-free yeast grown on molasses, and rice.
- Nick Stafford’s Hambleton Ales makes a Gluten Free ale called GFA created with Cascade, Liberty and Challenger hops and specially prepared dark sugars.
- Ramapo Valley Brewery makes a Gluten Free Passover Honey Beer brewed from honey and flavored with molasses. Ramapo is Kosher certified, and this Honey Beer provides a unique flavor & option for those on a Kosher Gluten-Free diet.
- Microbrasserie Nouvelle France makes several well-received Gluten Free beers called Messagère in Canada. They are beginning to venture into the United States.
For more Gluten Free Beer info & reviews, check out Gluten Free Beer Festival